Cyburgs-Needle and Cyburgs-Pipe for FRS 8

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Yes you can substitue them with the newer FRS 8M. It was released due to the low sensitivity of the FRS 8. I`ve tried both of them, the M version sounds a little bit louder in the high frequency range. I have never used them for TL constructions, but this driver sounds fantastic when used in a small horn for an office speaker.

Needle with Tangband W2141?

I might be a bit late to the party, but i'm planning on building a Pair of Needles as my first DIY Speaker project.

I'm planning on using the Tangband w3-2141 driver, but i don't know the specs for the notch filter i'll need, or if this driver even makes any sense in a Needle.

Will the additional low-end capabilities of the 2141 be beneficial or harmful?

What R, C and L values will i need to make it sound good? Would i just be better off with the w3-871?

I'd really appreciate the help, i kinda wanna do this right.

I already have them. I was gonna order them from blue planet acoustic, but they were out of stock so i found a pair on Ebay instead. In another Forum i was told the Filter from the 871 would fit rather well. Your recommendation was perfect: i gave spectrumaudio a call, the guy confirmed it: according to him the 2141 is the better speaker in a needle, and the Filter from the 871 fits quite nicely. Thanks, that really helped me out a lot.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.