Custom Printed Acoustic Fabric for DIY panels?

I have some printed art on canvas (60.5"H x 20.5"W wrapped, etc) that I enjoy, and I would like to replace them with DIY acoustic absorption panels. The original art files are on hand.

Can anyone recommend a hobbyist or small businesses that will print on UV stable acoustic transparent fabrics for this purpose? I have my doubts that my local print shops will have any acoustic fabric for this purpose.

Thank you for the reply. I’ve seen that material mentioned and will investigate it more.

One other material I found listed on most all commercial acoustic absorption panels, was polyester. Their products’ noise reduction coefficients at high frequencies seem to point to even a visually opaque, tight weave as being acoustically transparent.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I have some printed art on canvas (60.5"H x 20.5"W wrapped, etc) that I enjoy, and I would like to replace them with DIY acoustic absorption panels. The original art files are on hand.

Can anyone recommend a hobbyist or small businesses that will print on UV stable acoustic transparent fabrics for this purpose? I have my doubts that my local print shops will have any acoustic fabric for this purpose.
I've ordered a couple of panels here:

https://www.wallstars.nl/akoestische-canvas-schilderijen.htm

Seem to work well as acoustic panels. Also look great.
Which country are you in?

Jan

Came here looking for similar suggestions. Not necessarily for custom printed, but for "cool prints" of fabric that can be used for acoustic panels. I'm in the US.

A lot of the places that sell acoustic panels, like GIK, Acoustimac, and a others offer custom prints. But they are really expensive, around $16/sqft. Meaning that just the cloth for an 8'x4' panel is going to cost over $500.

I'm just looking for something nicer than a solid color. Maybe a pattern or a standard pic, music/instruments/nature, just something cool and colorful. A lot of standard one color acoustic fabric is 60" wide and around $13-15/yard. Meaning that a 8x4 panel would be less than $50. Seems like there would be cool prints or single pictures in a size big enough for ~$100 or so.

Any sources for something like that would be nice.