Curt Campbell lifetime audio achievement award recipient!

There hasn’t been much posted about this, so I thought many of you would be interested. Curt Campbell received a lifetime achievement award for his contributions to DIY audio and his help and mentoring of new DIY speaker builders. Meniscus Audio presented this well-deserved award.

Personally, Curt has been a co-conspirator to numerous projects I’ve been a part of. Curt over the last 15 years has been my mentor, who I like to call, the genius who makes all of our projects sound as good as they do in our collaborations. As most of you know, Curt has many designs in addition to the ones I’ve been fortunate to be a part of. Many are available on his website and in kit form at Meniscus.

Congratulations Curt!

Attachments

• Curt-certificate award (Large).jpg
    Curt-certificate award (Large).jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 432
Reactions: 1 users
Curt has definitely deserved this award.

I meet him when I was on the hunt to have someone design and build some speakers with the drivers I had picked out. This was probably 10 years and we still communicate to this day. Every time I run into an issue he is always the first I reach out to and always takes time out of day to answer and explain things to me.

I have attached some pictures of the speakers he designed with Wayne W for me. These just cannot be beat.

Congratulations Curt!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2552.jpg
    IMG_2552.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_2555.jpg
    IMG_2555.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_2558.jpg
    IMG_2558.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 150
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Good for him :^) Nice to se emembers getting accoldaes.

I only ran across Curt’s work when a client put one of my drivers in one of his boxes (Halcyon). Client is very happy with them.

Very similar(independently) to at least one of the WAWs we have done. The differences make for a nice illustration of design trade-offs (no right choices).

dave