Current match on BC857BS,BC847BS,BC847BPN

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm also a bit irritated about the poor datasheet. I have asked Philips about this and they said around 10% and it seems likely. I have used them in my monster overkill phono amp, in the correction amp. The result is quite OK. Approx. 1 mV offset.

Bare in mind though, that they aren't like SSM2220, SSM2221, MAT02, MAT03. The pricetag is up in the sky for those devices.

Thanks for your answer.. I think i will calculate with 20% mismatch.
I do know that the SSM ot MAT types arent cheap at all. That is the reason why i was looking on the types from Philips or Infineon. 1/20 of the price ... I think i can live with some mismatch!! hehe! I am going to try them! Maybe on some daughterboard.

For the Infineon. Try this link Per: http://www.infineon.com/cgi/ecrm.dll/ecrm/scripts/prod_cat.jsp?oid=-8963

By the way Per.. Nice circuitboards you have made .. Are you using Wago connectors.. Looks like it.. Cannot get a better PCB-connector for flexible cable than this. They are used in submarines to.

Sonny

Wago connector is cool!

sonnya said:
By the way Per.. Nice circuitboards you have made .. Are you using Wago connectors.. Looks like it.. Cannot get a better PCB-connector for flexible cable than this. They are used in submarines to.

Sonny [/B]

Yes, Wago is cool.

You know, when Wago had the patent, the competitors did everything to talk bad. Weidmüller even printed a booklet about it! Now when the patent is free, guess who manufactures it besides Wago!

Wago you must like! We (at work) hasn't lost a single Wago customer. If you like Wago you continue to use it. One disadvantage though: Useless if you have more than one wire in one connector!

Re: Wago connector is cool!

peranders said:

Yes, Wago is cool.

You know, when Wago had the patent, the competitors did everything to talk bad. Weidmüller even printed a booklet about it! Now when the patent is free, guess who manufactures it besides Wago!

Wago you must like! We (at work) hasn't lost a single Wago customer. If you like Wago you continue to use it. One disadvantage though: Useless if you have more than one wire in one connector!

I was going to say the same .. Only one wire, but the contact never gets loose!!

We have made some equipment with those connectors, perfect !!but you need a lot of space for spare connectors! :D

Sonny

Anybody else used these transistors?

Are there more people out there (besides I and Sonny A) who have built something with BC847BS and BC857BS?

As I have said before I have used them in my monster phono amp in the correction stage with excellent result. The only disadvantage is that they are so tiny.

An australian dude have designed a 20 kW amp with those pairs but I haven't seen it working yet. At the moment he is doing something....

http://homepages.picknowl.com.au/glenk/

Hi, again again...

In the next week i will start put a project up on my site, where i will use the BC847BPN(PNP/NPN) in a buffer.
At the same time i will make room for single transistor in SOT23 and TO92 so that i will be able to compare different BJT's in the bufferstage.

It is actually a preamp(s). A doublesided board with everything on it to get a balanced preamp with 2 sets of singleended inputs and 2 - 3 sets of balanced input. 1 set of balanced input and 1 set of singlended.
The controller is a AVR AT90S8515 or a AT89s8252. They are two different structures in programming. They both have a internal EEprom. They both can turn there oscillator OFF!
This one is going to be a costly project where i will use two WM8816 and AD8610BR as opamp, but with sockets for discrete opamps.

I think this one will be something for Paul Kaplan!?

But at first i will make a singleended preamp with a single input and a discrete buffer as outputstage. It will be designed around a PGA2310/PGA2311/CS3310.
It will be singlesided board. It will also be using the same ucontroller as the expensive one.

I am going to test the software on this one first .. It is basicly the same code. I will also do some pretest on the buffer : BC847BPN(PNP/NPN) versus other BJT's

Why i am telling this? to make a comparison on different parts like the BC847BPN(PNP/NPN) which Per asked for.

And to please Harry : Turn sims into realworld designs! ;)

The simple preamp will be free to use by everyone. I will upload the code and PCB later (in a month or so!?)

Sonny

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.