Curious set of speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, newbie here. Newbie to the entire hobby to tell the truth (well, after a 30 year absence).

Anyway found a pair of KLH Model Fourteen Speakers for $5 and am "restoring" them. They were in a kitchen so cleaning the grease from the grill cloth and re-edging the broken surrounds.

Insides (see pic) consist of two 4" full range speakers connected through a crossover. The enclosures are only 3.5" deep (suitable for hanging on a wall).

Problem is that one of these speaks is frozen. I'd like to repair it but think it might be better to just replace it.

Question is where can I find such a replacement? There are no markings whatsoever on anything. The only "spec" I can find is that these are rated for 8 ohms.

Where can I find replacements? How do I discover the proper specs? Could I use an auto speaker?

Thanks for any advice here. It's a fun hobby and when I get these working again, I suspect they will be a cool addition to my office!

The pics

Hi, newbie here. Newbie to the entire hobby to tell the truth (well, after a 30 year absence).

Anyway found a pair of KLH Model Fourteen Speakers for $5 and am "restoring" them. They were in a kitchen so cleaning the grease from the grill cloth and re-edging the broken surrounds.

Insides (see pic) consist of two 4" full range speakers connected through a crossover. The enclosures are only 3.5" deep (suitable for hanging on a wall).

Problem is that one of these speaks is frozen. I'd like to repair it but think it might be better to just replace it.

Question is where can I find such a replacement? There are no markings whatsoever on anything. The only "spec" I can find is that these are rated for 8 ohms.

Where can I find replacements? How do I discover the proper specs? Could I use an auto speaker?

Thanks for any advice here. It's a fun hobby and when I get these working again, I suspect they will be a cool addition to my office!

Sorry - here are the pics of the speakers in question.

Attachments

• IMG_0735[1].jpg
    IMG_0735[1].jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0734[1].jpg
    IMG_0734[1].jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0736[1].JPG
    IMG_0736[1].JPG
    902.8 KB · Views: 137
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.