CSS & Dayton drivers in Oz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sfreak

many of us like you to hold a whole range of speakers drivers, myself included, I think the demand for drivers in Australia is not really very high, that is why RSaudio is closing down its area on speakers drivers, in Peerless and Vifa range. Rsaudio told me once it not worthwhile to bring in the cheap drivers, the margin is not there.

My suggestion is bring in a trial run to test the market and bring in only the popular models. This my suggestion so that you will not get yourself burdened with lots of drivers in your warehouse unsold.

Yeah ttan98, I know I am not going to have every speaker anyone wants, so I was planning on implementing a system where if you do want the such and such, that I know won't sell, I can get a pair in, and continue to stock the popular models to keep prices and everything down. Which may lead to people waiting a month for a pair of drivers, but by that, keeping everything viable. It all just comes down to whether people are willing to wait 3-4 weeks on certain drivers.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hi Dan,

Any update regarding new shipping arrangements?

Regarding your completed loudspeakers, any snippets or sneak peaks? I'm still keen on completed cabinets, with removable baffles that can be router, whether they be PE cabinets, or your own supplier/manufacturer.

tktran303, PE cabinets in every way possible, are to expensive to get over here. Volumetric weight is a killer.

As for other completed cabinets! I am not ruling them out, just nothing straight off the bat. So wait and see there... Either end up getting them made locally or make them myself. But nothing until later down the track.

Next 2 weeks should see everything finalised and ready to go so to speak. Juggling this and a full time job is proving a challenge. That and Chinese New Year has set back Hi-Vi and a few other bits and pieces. So until then, keep your eyes peeled.

John

Might not be worth offering Aurum Cantus products. The Aussie distributer (Final Link Audio) can supply AC ribbons for less than what PE charge. Also good prices on their woofers as well. For once we can get something cheaper than the USA! Must be a first time. All credit to Final Link Audio, and nice people to deal with as well.

Peter

mandoman

Final Link is the CA distributor in Australia, it would be very difficult to source and sell these drivers from the the manufacturer.

This means you have to get them through him, final link hence sell the same price as final link.

So Darcher will be a reseller... it is ok if Darcher does not mind.

I agree Final Link is easy and user friendly company to deal with.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.