CSS Criton.2 MLTL build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Those are stunning! Can't wait to see the final results... I'm totally new to diy speakers and just ordered a Quartet Sub kit from Bob... based on your work, I see may need to invest in a router...?

Again, congrats on the amazing work!

Thanks!

a proper hand router is your best tool for speaker cabinet builds also lots of different parts and tricks to get the work done.

Thanks for all the comments!

We have moved to our house now lot of work unpacking and cleaning out the old place. New heat pump getting installed next week and the four 43meter holes were finished today.

I will try to show some progress with the Criton2 kit soon!

Attachments

• 2016-02-08 08.37.37.jpg
    2016-02-08 08.37.37.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 248
  • huset 2.jpg
    huset 2.jpg
    351.6 KB · Views: 231
  • huset.jpg
    huset.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 215
Well this year and last years longest DIY build finaly has some progress, I got tired waiting for the workshop to help me with the paint job and obviously I have had many other things to take care of with family and the house so its´partly my own fault to-

Missed a few photos when repairing a minor router accident on a cabinet corner but this was fixed with a 2K epoxy fill.
Went on with sealing the MDF did some research and found out that Shellac does the trick but also found out that the newer water based product may be a very simple mixture of 50/50 water and wood glue... no more words on that but it seems to work very good.
Lite sanding and then some primer not water based since this can rise some fibers and you get a rough surface.

hq

I would be happy to use a spray gun to finish the cabinets but changing the roof and other stuff keeps me from spending that kind of money on equipment right now.
Later on I will probably build a DIY paint booth but right now the roller will be good enough but why not I have seen people painting cars with a roller :smile:

How to Paint your Car without a Gun | The Smoking Tire
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Hand+Painting+a+Car/7307

Well I was not very happy with the results I accomplished with the roller maybe cheap paint, wrong amount of white spirit... bought a bunch of spray cans better result but why did I throw on the high gloss :(
Spray cans can be ok but it´s a waste of money it will be expensive to paint bigger projects so I should have bought a spray gun from start.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

So two choices wet sand and polish the high gloss and do the same with the other cabinet or sand down the gloss and buy two cans of matte black...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.