CSR8675 programming guide w. software and tons of CSR info

Anyone got any heads up on the USB programming of a QCC3031

i can see it needs USB P- USB - N - Charge and sense --power ?

and i presume a ground -- so where is the power coming from ? Charge and sense pin ?

does anyone have the Pinout or connections for the QCC3031 Modules so i can get this done ?

any help appreciated as we are in a situation of a deadline and need to understand this asap

I've tried to enable instance 1 on audio routing, but the module crashes, is there a way to enable debug?

The modules appear to crash when anything configured in the audio routing doesn't have a DAC as an endpoint. I wonder what would happen if you changed the audio config so that you removed instance 0 completely and just used instance 1? Set the primary as instance 1 to the DAC and the secondary as instance 1 to I2S.

Also if you have the audio output configured so that the DAC outputs the left audio data to both channels it will crash.

I do not know who designed the software side of this chip but they did a really bad job with the audio routing.

You should be able to completely turn off the DACs, for lower power consumption, and just use the PCM output. The datasheet for the QCC3008 actually shows a power consumption comparison of just this. But apparently it cannot be done with the configuration tool because it causes the module to crash.

I2S Slave

Hi,
Hello,

I need to get the I2S configured as slave.
Same config #18, I also wan´t to use it with ADAU1701 DSP.

I´m using PA213 Board with CSR8675 connected via CSR USB-SPI.

Flashing the Multi point Firmware from the first post and using the ADK version 4.3 from Tinysine Homepage ADK is working.

Enabling the I2S via ADK is crashing the module.

When I flash the I2S firmware, from post #20 I can´t connect with the ADK anymore.

Which is the right ADK for this Firmware?

Hope anybody can help. Best regards.

QCC China Modules

So after a week of playing with the QCC china Modules i see they are varied in what they give you in functionality and issues

The most annoying thing being noise issues with the new stuff and any amp that goes near the circuit

The CSR8645 with the built in amp on the PCB you get no or little noise at all and it seems does not have the issues similar Boards have with the Amp not on board or a Headphone amp

I have the Qcc3008 and Qcc3031 and both seem to have noise issues when say connected to a PAM Amp PCB -- or maybe its the AMP PCB creating the noise

I would like to try figure out how to get the noise gone or reduced massively

as i say the 8645 is quite -- but old -- but noise free

the others when built into a sound circuit give a lot of buzz and electrical noise

frustrating as i hoped the NEW modules would be good to go as the same in principle as the China 8645 boards

I have the Qcc3008 with the DC isolation and without

Qcc3031 have dc isolation -- but i woant both to work from a battery

QCC China Modules

So after a week of playing with the QCC china Modules i see they are varied in what they give you in functionality and issues

The most annoying thing being noise issues with the new stuff and any amp that goes near the circuit

The CSR8645 with the built in amp on the PCB you get no or little noise at all and it seems does not have the issues similar Boards have with the Amp not on board or a Headphone amp

I have the Qcc3008 and Qcc3031 and both seem to have noise issues when say connected to a PAM Amp PCB -- or maybe its the AMP PCB creating the noise

I would like to try figure out how to get the noise gone or reduced massively

as i say the 8645 is quite -- but old -- but noise free

the others when built into a sound circuit give a lot of buzz and electrical noise

frustrating as i hoped the NEW modules would be good to go as the same in principle as the China 8645 boards

I have the Qcc3008 with the DC isolation and without

Qcc3031 have dc isolation -- but i woant both to work from a battery

I have my Guy in China sending me a lot of parts to try

ordered the programmer for the QCC3031 modules too

have some other amps on way to try see if they have the same issues with noise

I did consider the i2S option and will look into hat abit more

we are making small wooden speakers -- like the AUKits ones to demo our new tech which works with Bluetooth speakers

We have a NEW ip and development programme and that's why i an getting advice here alothoug some people when you ask dont reply :)

Hi, great source of info in this thread. I have been using a couple of aptX module2 for Truw Wireless Stereo and have used the EQ and successfully programmed the boards. I have 2 questions though which I'm struggling to find an answer on line.

1. Does anyone know how I can control which of the UserPEQ sets of EQ is active. The board comes with some standard profiles and allows additional ones to be saved but I'm not clear how I can control them.

2. Has anyone been successful in programming the audio prompts rather than using the standard tones to signal which state it is in. I've used the config tool to generate them but it seems to want me to have wav files to upload which I can't fine.

Thanks

Hello Stollery,

I can answer your first question:

You can change the User PEQ by pressing a momentary switch. Your board will most likely have some pins with "pl(a)y" or "V+"/"V-". Connect these via a 10 k resistor and the momentary switch to 3.3 V (look at post 3 in this thread).

Configuration Tool --> User_Interface -->User_Events: Look at the preset user events. If there is a user event matching to the pin labeling, you know the corresponding logical input ID. You can either change this user event to "User EQ On/Off Toggle" or use another line and a different button timing.

Pressing the button will cycle through "no User PEQ" and the activated User PEQs. This is what I do to know in which User PEQ I am: All my User PEQs have a pre gain to get the maximum signal level at the DAC. So by pressing the button multiple times I get: quietly (no User PQ, no pregain), normal bass, attenuated bass 1, attenuated bass 2.

The curent User PEQ setting will be remembered after repowering.

Thanks for the info DoItYourselfer, unfortunately I've just bricked the device, a TinySine TSA9840B. I've tried reloading firmware with Bluemodify but it reports unrecognised parameter - any ideas?

ERROR: Unrecognised parameter, got
"Programs"
===================
================================
===========================

Non-Volatile Storage Programming
Tool

This tool is for creating and manipulating images for CS
R chips with "Serial
Quad I/Otî
flashÉÕ¼Íê³É!

Hello Stollery,

You can either change this user event to "User EQ On/Off Toggle" or use another line and a different button timing.

Pressing the button will cycle through "no User PEQ" and the activated User PEQs. This is what I do to know in which User PEQ I am: All my User PEQs have a pre gain to get the maximum signal level at the DAC. So by pressing the button multiple times I get: quietly (no User PQ, no pregain), normal bass, attenuated bass 1, attenuated bass 2.

The curent User PEQ setting will be remembered after repowering.

Hi DoItYourselfer, I managed to reprogram the unit and restore operation. I have successfully programmed the User EQ On/Off Toggle event but it does what it says - turns the User EQ setting on or off - it doesn't switch through the different prests like you describe. It's not critical for what I'm doing, but I'm obviously missing something somewhere.

I've used the QCC3031, but never with SPI control. When CSR got bought up/merged (whatever) with Qualcomm, they changed some of the work flow etc. The QCC3008 is the last (that I know of) that uses the "old" SPI programmer. The newer QCC30xx, QCC51xx etc does not use the standard 20$ SPI burner, but the "TRI-burner". This is a +100$ gear that does more or less the same as the cheaper SPI burner. Unfortantly the older SPI burner is not compatible with the TRI-burner (at least from what I know).

Good news tho, is that the QCC3031 can be programmed over USB! You need to connect the DP, DN pins, as well as the charge and sense (?) pin to trigger the QCC3031 into USB mode. When this is done, you need to unlock it. I have a .PDF in my QCC3031 folder HERE on how to unlock USB. The file is called "QCC30xx USB debugging setup".

When this is done, you should be able to change all the params and EQ, although the EQ tool (QACT) is somewhat buggy, and not all firmwares doe have the EQ option enabeled.
QCC 3008 or QCC5125 can be programmed over USB? Thank!

CSR8675 in TWS mode - Success!

Cheers everybody!

First of all, thanks for that great thread. The Data inside both Dropbox and Gdrive are really golddust. I pulled everything out of that and put it into my archive, god knows how long stuff stays online (outside of 52bluetooth.com).

My goal was to have a pair of bluetooth speakers that would consist of one stereo speaker with full-range plus one subwoofer. The main speaker should be able to either use BT or AUX analogue inputs for playback. The subwoofer should reuse whatever signal gets forwarded .

For streamlined build ups I wanted to design the hardware universal, to reuse as many PCBs etc as possible. While the AMP and Power Supply part are trivial to me, the whole BT stack was always kind of a black-box to me.

Since I knew the CSR8675 would be able to do Apt-x LL, I thought of using a Source in the main speaker and a sink in the Subwoofer.

Got as far as having two CSR8675 modules talking directly and streaming musik using classic aptX - as soon as I enabled aptX low latency, the sink code panicked. Although I included all necessary into the application projects.

Since aptX has a high latency, I did not further investigate, since this would not be sufficient for my use-case.

I then had a look into the the True Wireless Stereo use-case. Since I only care about two speakers playing a source synchronously, that sounded like the perfect solution for my problem.

I was now able to get two modules running in the sink application and using TWS to perform synchronous playback. It even forwards the analogue source, just the way I wanted it to be!

All my application development I've done using ADK 4.3.1.5 based on the sample applications. Used PSTool, ADK Configuration Tool, FlashTool and xIDE.

If anybody is interested, I can upload at least a dump of the xIDE project, Chip Image and ADK Configuration dump.

Those eval-boards I've build are also an own creation.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-04-06 at 10.15.50.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-04-06 at 10.15.50.jpeg
    189.9 KB · Views: 328