Crown 5002VZ

Hi everyone, have an issue with my crown 5002vz. Upon power up channel 1 signal light is stuck on and odep is off. Channel two is in normal state.

I open d top lid and the ch1 DC/LF light indicator is on along with with d stand by.

Once in a while when it put it on both channels come in to normal state and plays well. But sometimes channel one doesnt click in

Did anyone ever encounter a problem like this? And does anyone know what could be the issue.

One guy told me it could be the output modules started to get defective, corrosion. I know these crown 5002 n 5000 output modules are susceptible to corrosion. But this particular one the output modules are clean.

So if anyone has any idea what could be to issue, please let know TIA

~~~~K20

It’s just the there are so many different failure modes in these things that it’s impossible to guess without digging deeper. Looking at the behavior of the amplifier itself, independent of all the supervisior and protection stuff wrapped around it. To do this effectively, you usually need to be a seasoned tech. These are among the most difficult amps to work on.

Oh ohk, I do have a little bit of experience on doing repairs, so Im trying my best. The amp was expose to moisture, upon opening there was water on the boards I sun dried the amp. And this is the problems that occur, sometimes the amplifier comes on in normal state and plays fine on both channel but if I take it off and put it on after a 2 hours, it doesn’t come on just signal light stick

Another thing, when it does come on to normal
State, the signal lights flashes spontaneously, followed by a popping noise from the speaker.

I did switch out the two output modules, amd the problem remains the same, definitely not the output modules.