Crossover wire gauge.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just learned in another thread from BudP's information that litz should not be surrounded by heat shrink because of the unique reaction of litz to shrink tubing. It will cause a distortion that will effect the sound.
107.gif

The electrons flowing in a wire (quite slowly I might add, it's more of a "bumping into each other") could care less about a surrounding dielectric affecting or impeding them in any manner whatsoever. That's just a bunch of hooey.

You know sometimes its important to look in the mirror and say, "I might not know much about certain topics" ;).

I admit don't know much. I think some here sense that, and maybe like to play games. Others have been quite helpful. Seen this in other types of forums, as well. I found its the nature of some to do that. So..

I got my knowledge from those who are knowledgeable and qualified. It was first introduced to me by a friend who is technician who designs. After being made aware, I then took note of others who found the same to be true. The highly regarded Sonus Faber company (too expensive for me) was one of the first to list litz as their crossover wiring. Sonus Faber Guerneri Homage Loudspeakers Reviewed

I then noticed some highly regarded high end tube manufacturers (also, too expensive for me) listed litz in their hard wired equipment. My excellent Grado tone arm came with litz. All high quality equipment for the perfectionists.

I could not afford the Sonos Fabers, nor Audio Research, nor Conrad Johnson. So I rewired my Amber 50B with litz and heard a very good difference. I use raw thread wound litz to my speakers. Years ago I secured interconnects made by the original Esoteric Audio cable configured with litz.

It just fools my ears consistently to believing their is a definite improvement in accuracy of what I hear. Until someone can find that hypnotist who placed me under this delusion, and, have him take it off? I am stuck on litz. I have been placed under his power. I was told it will always sound superior to me in reproducing music.

Note: Since I have so much litz in my system, adding good quality speakers with the usual internal wiring, I find is very pleasant. But, only because I have eliminated much of the interaction I used to hear with interconnects and with runs of speaker wire.

I listened with an open mind. I definitely heard a difference. I saw why its placed in certain high end pieces. I used to sell high end equipment. I know that certain things can be hyped. It was not subtle what I heard.

Now. Don't put me down. Just find that hypnotist and tell him to break his suggestion. In the mean time I definitely know I heard a difference for the better. Its all his fault.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The electrons flowing in a wire (quite slowly I might add, it's more of a "bumping into each other") could care less about a surrounding dielectric affecting or impeding them in any manner whatsoever. That's just a bunch of hooey.

Given that the electric field that carries the audio information is, ideally, in the space outside the conductor, the dielectric can have a significant effect.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.