crossover mod - is my thinking right?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi again,

Here's a pic of some tweaks that you can do to flatten the response between 1.5K to 5K area.
- The grey line represents the original filter ( as I simmed it ).

This XSim shows tight phase-tracking over an extremely wide band ( more than a decade of audio info ) if one can believe the files I worked from.

attachment.php

These are very mild tweaks ( and there are hand full of points where a person can change the mid-range voicing to suit ones own taste ).

I wouldn't include the LCR notch filter in the first go round of tweaks since it may not be necessary ( it's really there to add a BBC dip if that is attractive to you or anyone else ).

:)

Attachments

• Troels_ScanSpeak_Flex_modH.zip
    21.4 KB · Views: 28
  • TG_Elam-Flex-2_.png
    TG_Elam-Flex-2_.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 86
Thank you so muchfor this! It is indeed mild tweeks I am looking for, I like the speaker verymuch – just would like some subtle personal voicing/room tuning. Interestingly I havealready changed R4 to 2.2 (forgot this). Increasing R2 is a no brainer to try asI have some 3.3’s ‘in stock’.
The BBC dip I think could be good and I have experimentedwith this voicing as far as possible by EQing via logic pro on imac and areasonable presonus interface. Will take your advice on trying other stufffirst. Will probably try this over Christmas/new year – will let you know how Iget on!
Thanks again,
Rob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.