Crest 8001 Pro, randomly in protect, need help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi you guys,

I need some help fixing a Crest 0881 Pro amp.

When powering up, it usually remains in protect for up to 3-4 seconds and then turns active. Then it works fine for days or weeks.

Randomly, after power on, it stays for about 10-20 seconds in protect, goes active and/or falling back to protect some few seconds after. Sometimes stays in protect, sometimes recovers a few seconds later.

Last weird appearence of the problem was: Active after ~10 secs after power on, few seconds later b-ch goes protect, recovers about 5 seconds later, another 5 secs later a-ch goes protect, also recovers after some seconds, 5 secs later, both ch goes protect simultaneously, recover after some secs, and thereafter, the amp is running fine since days.

I was unable to reproduce this fault by heat/cold/shock or anything else. Unfortunately, the schematics offered by Crest does not match, the display board (where I assume the fault to be) is completely different.

Does anybody have any idea on this issue?

Best regards,
Zaldo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.