Creating a complete library management system for my use case - help needed

I have recently built my own Unraid server, where I am storing my music library (currently as a mirror of the local files on my MacBook Pro). This Unraid backup is itself backed up to BackBlaze B2, and I also am using ZFS. My plan is to:

• Make my Unraid server the source location of my music library, and delete the current music library off of my MacBook, freeing up local space while still being able to access my library as a mounted volume with SMB and play back using Swinsian on my Mac, or via something like Plex on other devices.
    • This means I need a good method of having my current music player (Swinsian) point to the Unraid server as the new location of the music library, while retaining all the current playlists I have set up in Swinsian. My concern is that by changing the location, and therefore having copies of tracks become the new default location, Swinsian won't regard them as the same tracks as the ones it currently has (my local files) in all my playlists. How to ensure the changeover doesn't affect this?
    • Similarly, I DJ and use Rekordbox. I am going to follow this promising guide and tool from u/MixMasterG in order to locate my Rekordbox tracks following the change in location from local storage to Unraid server. If anyone has any experience running their Rekordbox based on a remote, mounted shared folder, I'd be keen to hear any tips or general advice.
  • Have a good workflow for the following actions:
    • How I download and sort music:
      • Music from private tracker torrent sites I'm a member of, or Soulseek > some light file name and metadata modifying > sorting these newly downloaded files into folders in my music library (stored on the Unraid server), maybe having some kind of automatic folder sort for "newly downloaded" or "not listened to yet", or something similar if anyone else has any good systems worth sharing.
      • I've heard of a way of setting up automatic downloads of torrent files from trackers that meet certain filtered criteria? No experience with that kind of stuff, would be keen to learn.
If there are any other actions, tools, programs, workflows etc that people have experience of and suggest I look at, that would be cool too. I'm new to the server game and looking to create a complete workflow/music management system.

EDIT:

For clarity r.e. what I want to do with my Swinsian music library:

1. I currently have Swinsian set up to watch a local music folder on my MacBook, which contains my music library.
2. I want to migrate to the mirrored copy of this library, stored on my Unraid server, so that I can delete the local files and free up space on my laptop.
3. If I go and tell Swinsian to stop watching the local folder, and start watching the mounted server folder, and remove the local files from my Swinsian library, surely that's going to result in, well, my current Swinsian library being destroyed, with all the tracks I have set up in all the playlists I've gone disappearing, even though all the files still 100% exist, just remotely in a different location.

So what I want to do is ensure a seamless transition to the server, maintaining the library as I have it now, just switching to having the files stored off the laptop.

Last edited: