• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

[Counterfeit chips@ AK4497 / AOP Muse, Ti, Amanero chips etc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi amigos,

I need your help to find a way to identify the counterfeit chips with see in Aliexpress or other sites.

I have been said that the following chips were fake, despite the fact that they sound great in my DAC.

AK4497.jpg

Muse.jpg

Amanero.jpg

AOP.jpg

Any idea ? I also contact Amanero, AKM and Muse support center : I am wiating for their response.

Would you sell a counterfeit product to a friend?
If it was working and safe to use, yes. I would of course also a) make sure my friend knew what he was buying and b) avoid buying anything from the original seller in the future.

If you buy something from a questionable source that you have no way of validating (Alixpress) and at a very low price compared to e.g. buying parts separately (as these DACs usually are) then it shouldn't really be a surprise that everything isn't quite as it should, should it?

If it was working and safe to use, yes. I would of course also a) make sure my friend knew what he was buying and b) avoid buying anything from the original seller in the future.

If you buy something from a questionable source that you have no way of validating (Alixpress) and at a very low price compared to e.g. buying parts separately (as these DACs usually are) then it shouldn't really be a surprise that everything isn't quite as it should, should it?

Can be a workaround solution...

If I refer to the advice of experts ... I should not buy anything on Alixpress anymore. That is to say: we know that the products are counterfeit but we do nothing to prohibit their sale ... In other words, we endorse the counterfeit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.