Could use help modifying a DJ mixer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have wanted a rotory mixer for a long time but I will not be able to afford one for a long time. Because of this I have decided I want to mod my Gemini umx mixer to have rotory line faders if at all possible. Whats throwing me is that it seems to use two different resistances Does this mean that I need to find a special type of pot or that I will just have to wire in a 19kohm resistor to a 65k pot?

3 pin connector

/\ and \/ show the position of the fader with /\ being with the audio all the way on.

pins
1) 1-2 19k 0hms when /\
2) 1-3 19k ohms when /\ 65k ohm when \/
3) 2-3 65k ohms when \/

How can I replace this with a rotoray pot?

wire colors

1 black
2 orange
3 orange

DJNUBZ said:
I have wanted a rotory mixer for a long time but I will not be able to afford one for a long time. Because of this I have decided I want to mod my Gemini umx mixer to have rotory line faders if at all possible. Whats throwing me is that it seems to use two different resistances Does this mean that I need to find a special type of pot or that I will just have to wire in a 19kohm resistor to a 65k pot?

3 pin connector

/\ and \/ show the position of the fader with /\ being with the audio all the way on.

pins
1) 1-2 19k 0hms when /\
2) 1-3 19k ohms when /\ 65k ohm when \/
3) 2-3 65k ohms when \/

How can I replace this with a rotoray pot?

I am not convinced I know what yo uare asking.

Surely yo ujust take out the slider pot and replace it wit ha rotary one of the same value ?
I must admit I am not a fan of slider pots as they are open to dirt and dust.

first, remove the slider pot from the circuit, because if you don't it may effect your measurements. then, using an ohm meter, find the two pins where the resistance across them remains constant even when moving the slider.

whatever resistance is between those two pins is the value of the rotary pot to replace with.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.