Could someone help me identify this crystal?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just opened up my focusrite scarlett 2i2 to see if there was anything I could do to improve it. The board is mostly smd so I think I am going to leave it alone. There are a few caps I could upgrade but I'm not sure it's worth the effort. One thing I would like to do is upgrade the clock/crystal. Written on top of it is h26.000L1. Is there any way to identify the part from those numbers? I want to find a data sheet on it to see if it is worth improving in any way.

FYI for anyone who is curious about what opamps it uses, all the opamps appear to be MAX4477

For audio the only thing which matters about the crystal is quality (e.g. purity of materials, cleanliness of manufacture), as this determines jitter. Only the highest quality most expensive crystals are likely to mention quality on their datasheet. You may find that price is a useful proxy for quality, but this is not guaranteed. Cheap mass-produced crystals are rarely good quality, as their usual applications (e.g. CPU clocks) do not require it.

The oscillator circuit also affects jitter.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.