• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Could anyone shed any light on this amp for me?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Half of 6AS7 works very good with 2,5 kohm in my SE with cool bass. The same I can tell for PSE - Decreasing the output power with small Ri compensate mode PSE. This OT is small for EL34 in triod/penthod mode, IMO, sound will be sharp with small bass. Your output tubes must have Ri about 500 ohms,IMO. I doubt about KT88, 100. Maybe try KT120-150 with output power 8-10- 15 Wts per channel, OT has big iron, I like it.

PT and OTs are very suitable also for 2A3, 300B, 6S4S /6BG4/ with cool and amazing sound, for a level higher EL34. Ra OTs - 2.5 kohm is small for EL34, be sure....If You want use only EL34, You can connect 5-8 ohm/5 Wt resistor in series to Your speakers to "lift" Ra OTs to 3-4 kohms, but output power wil decrease about 20-30 %. Sound will be suitable for hearing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.