Cotton-insulated silver wire

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm sorry gentlemen, but you've completely mistaken the cause of electron clumping. This phenomenon is in fact attributable to the playing of horror films (notably John Carpenter's The Thing & Stanley Kubrick's The Shining) in the same room as your wire. This causes the electrons to huddle, or clump together for mutual protection and comfort. Research is currently underway to ascertain whether this may also be the cause of strand-jumping effects.

I'm sorry gentlemen, but you've completely mistaken the cause of electron clumping. This phenomenon is in fact attributable to the playing of horror films (notably John Carpenter's The Thing & Stanley Kubrick's The Shining) in the same room as your wire. This causes the electrons to huddle, or clump together for mutual protection and comfort. Research is currently underway to ascertain whether this may also be the cause of strand-jumping effects.

I'll get on researching this right away. It is a much better explanation than many found here! (Sorry just had to address your excellent bit of humor.)

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

Ed: If you derived that using an Arrhenius approximation, you grossly underestimate the time. There's an activation energy that needs to be exceeded to have the annealing process start. Remember, if you keep an egg for 4 minutes at 100C, you get a soft boiled egg. If you keep it at 39C for 6 weeks, you get a chicken.

And what did Arrhenius do other then show how current scientific thinking was wrong?

Cheers, ;)

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

(I like my omelets in the traditional French way, barely set, still jiggly and tender with some runny juices)

Now, we're talking.

Provided the eggs stemm from chickens running free, add just a few leafs of Cinnamon Basil. Magic.

Za-atar, another favourite dish of mine...Oh, well nevermind. Back to those dreaded cables I guess.

Ciao, ;)

Hi,

Now, we're talking.

Provided the eggs stemm from chickens running free, add just a few leafs of Cinnamon Basil. Magic.

Za-atar, another favourite dish of mine...Oh, well nevermind. Back to those dreaded cables I guess.

Ciao, ;)

Oil. Bah.

I use Uncle Smithy's Antenna Wax to coat my wires... promotes a smooth flow... adds a little "sheen" too.

_-_-bear

I prefer Granpa Georges Ear Wax for truly audible improvements.

Attachments

• frys.JPG
    frys.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 111
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.