Convex Cone Drivers and Passive Radiators

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Last edited:
I discovered a company which I think was called "Audio Consequence" that was promoting a new Co-Axial driver that had a convex bass driver with a tweeter at the centre.
I was surfing for something or other and found a link to the company on a forum which was European I believe. I lost the link and now cannot find the companies page again.
It was a very unusual drive unit.
Anyone heard of them?

I'm using the terms "inverted cones" and "domes" in the context of a wide band driver interchangeably. Though not entirely accurate, I believed it would be understood as convex or inverted shapes, unlike most normal drivers' cones. To my knowledge, Dayton and Tangband do not offer domes drivers, unless you were referring to HF units, but we're discussing small wide band drivers. Tangband I know well, and am actually in Taipei – their headquarters – at the moment.

The Audio Consequence driver is precisely the idea. Navigating the site is very difficult at the moment as AVG virus software is blocking access unless through cached versions of the site. Difficult to extract the needed specs and contact info. If others care to have a look, carefully navigate to: AC Sprachauswahl

In this case, the response should be fuller, with better low end extension, in the range of a high quality 3-4" driver such as: Tang Band W3-1335SB 3" Titanium Cone Driver 264-842. Coaxial designs are of interest as well, preferred actually. The units suggested are midrange units - too limited in their range for the intended application.

And what of passive radiators of either of dome or convex cone form in this size - do they exist? The use of small passive radiators is on the rise recently, at least with respect to the new portable Bluetooth units such as the Jawbone Jambox and some soundbar type units. The passive radiators here are very small and of an unconventional shape.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.