Converting two 2-way crossovers two one 3-way crossover - possible?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is it possible to use two 2-way crossovers as a 3-way crossover ?

considering the crossover points are correct -
connecting the second (both 8 ohm) crossover to the 8ohm woofer output of the first crossover may cause any problems (impedance load, etc) ?

I want to add an ATC midrange driver to my speaker setup (8" PHL woofer + Raven ribbon).

I'm currently using a high quality JBL studio monitor crossover which allows me to attenuate the tweeter to match the woofer level.

Other options are to modify the crossover to 3-way - any suggestions ?
(I really prefer to keep the crossover passive)

Is it possible to use two 2-way crossovers as a 3-way crossover ?

considering the crossover points are correct -
connecting the second (both 8 ohm) crossover to the 8ohm woofer output of the first crossover may cause any problems (impedance load, etc) ?

I want to add an ATC midrange driver to my speaker setup (8" PHL woofer + Raven ribbon).

I'm currently using a high quality JBL studio monitor crossover which allows me to attenuate the tweeter to match the woofer level.

Other options are to modify the crossover to 3-way - any suggestions ?
(I really prefer to keep the crossover passive)
Hi vshvsh,
No.
Usually it is more easy to add a woofer (sub) to an existent speaker like adding an inductor or so, than having a 2-Way and inserting a mid (). Some people want to change a 2-Way xover in a 3-Way but the interferences (electric) between the high pass/low pass on the mid (xover) have to be adjusted between themselves and second according to that driver/loudspeaker.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.