Connecting Didden-Jung Super Reg Sense Lines

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am considering a headphone amp using a Didden-Jung Super Reg for power.

The design I would like to build can be found in the TI datasheet for the LME49600. Here's the link, see page 10, figure 28:

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lme49600.pdf

Question is, if I do this, where to connect the regulator sense lines? I found an earlier build using super regs on Walt Jung's website:

http://www.waltjung.org/PDFs/Showcase_Headphone_Amp_KN_AX_0503.pdf

In this build the sense lines are connected to the supply pins of the first (voltage gain) opamp, the AD744. Based on this I think I should plan on connecting the sense lines to the supply pins of the LME49720.

Correct?

Joined 2011
I think I should plan on connecting the sense lines to the supply pins of the LME49720.
The points at which the sense lines connect will have the lowest impedance, since that's where the feedback is referenced.
Power sense lines should connect to the power pins directly, without sharing any traces with other connections.
The ground sense lines are equally important, and should be run close to the related power lines.

Last edited:
I don't know if it was Gary Galo who suggested, but I decoupled the SR sense lines from the Adcom GFP-565 with 10 ohm resistors.

I'm guessing here: perhaps to decouple the sense circuit, such that it reduces capacitive/inductive loading on the power supply lines at a sensitive point?

Mr. Didden's circuit (his latest) has 100R series resistor on the plus sense line, presumably to hide the 120uf cap that immediately follows, whereas the circuit Klaus Noll used did not have this: the 120uf cap was connected directly to the plus sense line

Is the 100R in Mr. Didden's circuit providing this functionality?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.