Congrats Sheffield England - Danny Willett

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
"Hey, guys! Over here! Paint drying!"

Beats the "Curling" -- although I am recently told that the Canadian national sport does, sometimes, entail alcohol.

Back in my banking days I had to travel often to London. They play these televised games with a billiard table which are unending in their boredom. Where's Jackie Gleason and Paul Newman when you need them?

Back in my banking days I had to travel often to London. They play these televised games with a billiard table which are unending in their boredom. Where's Jackie Gleason and Paul Newman when you need them?

It's called Snooker and is played by people who find pool too easy.
A snooker table is about twice the size of a pool table. To make up for that they made the pockets and the balls smaller.

In continental Europe those people play billiards with 3 balls and no pockets.

Beats the "Curling" -- although I am recently told that the Canadian national sport does, sometimes, entail alcohol.

Jack - I think that should be more correctly stated is that the primary Canadian national sport of alcohol consumption is sometimes interrupted by partaking in, watching or talking about sporting events - or audio get-togethers - is that not correct, Cal / Scott.?

Jack - I think that should be more correctly stated is that the primary Canadian national sport of alcohol consumption is sometimes interrupted by partaking in, watching or talking about sporting events - or audio get-togethers - is that not correct, Cal / Scott.?

I'm not Canadian but when I was a kid I wanted a snooker table because it was bigger. I also thought I was sophisticated because I knew what snooker was. After 40yr. I can finally move my pool table into my new house even though it is a 3' X 6' coin-op bar table.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.