Confessions of a Vampire-member

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Since day one have you, the great forum members, always dropped everything you have in your hands, just to tell me why, how, when and everything. I have never met any who gave up, even when I for the 5th time, was rolling around in a straitjacket, among components, strange electronic words and the English language.
And what have I done in return??
NOTHING, nada zip, nill, not one single comma, have I ever given in return.

I feel that I am like a person who have gotten a free meal, and then complain about the red wine, not being from the right year, and the taste of caviar, not potent enough.

I feel that I need to give something back, but how?

Even a beach with the grandest vista is composed of individual grains of sand - you may have more to offer than you might think, so don’t be afraid to participate. Just try to remember that as with any relationship, even absent what you imagine to be profound insight, consistent civility and humility can go a long way.
Welcome to the sandbox.

Thank you both! It's amazing the positivity, and I hope to be able to give something back.
Until now have I not been able to do so, and I have to admit that I hate the type, who only make contact when they need something. I am so humbled by this forums help but do think that a "thanks" is really not enough to express how greatful I am, that's why I would like to give something back. It's just that I am still only sucking from this forum, and I fear that one day, I'll be the "friend" who you know, only visits to get some free food.

Fanatic
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Just try to remember that as with any relationship, even absent what you imagine to be profound insight, consistent civility and humility can go a long way.
Welcome to the sandbox.

Oh... "insight"... "civility"... "humility"?! Seems we have some potential for improvement right there. :D
I can agree that we are grains of sand, not fit for the worlds machinery! :vampire3:

Vampires unite!

You must have some audio stuff, only reason to be vampirein' around here, right?

Pick something and start a thread. Just sharing something about what you have and what you're doing about it is inspiring to others - who quite possibly wouldnt dare.

I've written about an amplifier I modified and a pair of OBs I built. Since I'm a test engineer, I can put up graphs and charts to embellish what I've said. If you can draw or work a camera, embellishing your words similarly about your audio piece or idea is an even better contribution than words alone.

Take the mounting screw snapped off in the cartridge headshell one. I havent read it, but I bet there's pictures with little red arrows and captions "good side" and "snapped off in" side. Such documentation maybe helps someone else in a similar situation one day. Particularly if the thread results in a positive outcome!

Last edited:
I have tried to ask in there were any interest in a spice simulator component base, where everyone could share and download "components" schematics and much more. But it didn't look like it and I do not think I have much more to offer yet, but I think I just want to say that, I am so thankful and hope to give back again a day:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.