Cone has a small dent/scratch. Audible?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
But then it would be causing voice coil rub, and Kustomize has ruled that out in post#15

Okay so I get some rubbing if I just press on the cone with one hand. But that’s supposed to happen I believe. But if I use both hands, same distance from the dust cap, in opposite of each other, and then press down. I can press it down fairly smoothly and feel no rubbing.

Yes, do not press down on one side of the cone as this may cause rubbing.

Always press down evenly on either side of the cone using your thumbs.

It would appear that you have no problem with voice coil rubbing.

Understood!

I am guessing its a production error.

Zaph|Audio - ZA5 Speaker Designs with ZA14W08 woofer and Vifa DQ25SC16-04 tweeter

I have the choice of using this in the Zaph 5.3T(2.5 way), or the Zaph 5.3C (center).

I was wondering how to get the most out of this driver without it affecting the sound? I could put it in the center because I don't watch too much movies anyway. So I'd barely have to go through whatever little impact this has anyway.

Second thing I was thinking is, I could use this as the BOTTOM part of the TMM. Which will only be in the bass region, and I believe this goes to 300hz I THINK, if I am studying the graphs right on the the link I posted above. Because till 300hz the measurements don't seem to that off anyway.

What do you guys suggest?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.