Composite-to-VGA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
question to blu_line

This is a off-topic question (sorry), but I don 't want to start a new topic for this.

I have a question for blu_line:
I saw your from holland also just like me and I 'm wondering if you bought your lcd-panel in holland. If so, where did you bought it?

I 'm searching for a second-hand shop where I can buy a Nview panel. (can order one in USA butt shipping cost are way too high $150)

Greetz...Amnesia

You have to first digitalize the composite. Then output it to VGA.

A computer can do this nicely with winTV from Haupauge, but I can see if you don't want to turn your computer on to watch a TV show on a computer monitor.

You have two options buy a composite to VGA that is used for game consoles or make your own.

Go to ePanorama.net for examples on serveral thousands (should I say millions) of circuits.

thanx for the link electro. I'm gonna start sifting through all that info and see what I can find.

and yes haldor, I got it mixed up in my last post. I want to take a composite from say a DVD player and output it to a VGA port. I know I can get a device that will do what I need for around $100, I'm just trying to see if I might be able to build something on my own for cheaper.

Hi JahklaR,

The TVOne VD-660 Cheese box lists for $69. This supports 640 x 480 VGA resolution max, and is about the lowest cost solution I know of.

The model I meant to recommend in my previous post is the AVT-3340. This supports 1024 x 768 XGA resolution (and lower) and lists for $99.

All of these models have both composite and s-video inputs. Here is a good source for info and pricing on up converters: http://www.avtoolbox.com/video-to-vga.htm

Take a good look at what doing the up-conversion is going to take. The PCB design is very crucial and the single quantity price for the up-converter chip is pretty high. I seriously doubt if you can DIY something like this for less than $100.

Phil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.