• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Component Kit for Ultra Fast Diode Bridge.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, I have just gotten back from the post office after sending out almost all of the rest of the packages (only SineEras is still here as I haven't heard abcak bout payment yet?), so those of you listed below should also be getting a little brown box in the post some time in the next week or so.

Jarno
LeadBelly
Kram
D3 (assembled as requested)
fcel
Jeff Reves
MEnsing
Maugra
Tomchaoda
Richie00boy

(it's nice to have my room back now too)

Magura, they have some rather intresting looking lab stuff in the department here that is for running three phase switchmode inverter experiments on. If I remember correctly, that will deliver up to 40A on a variable voltage output, so IF I can get in there I should be able to make someting explode (I have a feeling that I won't be let anywhere near them though, as these seem to spend more time being fixed by the technitions after being blown up during lab experiments than actualy working, so the chances of them trusting me to not blow one up using it for something else is slim to none).

Also, I'm glad to see people are starting to get the packages, and I would be intrested to see where you are all going to put these if you have any ideas yet.

Magura, I had a few spare caps left over from the order I had to place (and a lot of spare resistors, if anyone wants or needs a few hundred 100 ohm resistors, let me know) and you had been rather kind with sorting out the taps for me so I figured that it wouldn't be the worst thing I could do.

Richie, I did mean to put in the nuts and bolts with yours, but if you didn't get them, I will pop some in the post tomorrow afternoon for the heatsinks you have.

bigparsnip said:
Magura, I had a few spare caps left over from the order I had to place (and a lot of spare resistors, if anyone wants or needs a few hundred 100 ohm resistors, let me know) and you had been rather kind with sorting out the taps for me so I figured that it wouldn't be the worst thing I could do.

Thanks a lot...I had problems finding the spades here....so you saved me a trip to Aarhus, wich is 120 km.

The boards looks very fine, this have been a pleasure to recieve....very proffesionally made !!!

Cheers

Magura:)

Hi again, glad you are all so happy, and just for people who haven't gotten their parts yet, you will all have the spade terminals in there (I though they would be a problem to get hold of, so I sent them out with all of the boards that I had made), and hopefuly, enough nuts and bolts as well ;).

About the circuit boards, I eventulay went with Barteck Electronics as they were the cheepest of the companies to get back to me with a quote. However, if you are oly after a small number of boards, than it will probably be a lot cheeper for you to have a look at TopScore who offer two panels of 270 X 350 mm of either single sided or double sided with plated through holes for about £130 or £170 respectively (that's with full soldermask an silkscreen) and are very happy to give you a hand if you have never had to get the data together to have boards made before (at least they helped me a lot the first time I had some boards properly made).

yeah, they normaly except gerber files for the boards, and they do come from topscore as seperate boards (well mine did). What they normaly do is you send them one small board desing, then they will make you as many of the one design they can fit on teh pannels for the fixed price. They do charge you more if you want diferent designs in the panels (I think it was £30 for each extra board type), but you may be able to get round this by sending off a board with lots of circuits on it already, then cut this up yourself once you recieve it. Probably best to send them an email if you are looking at doing it soon and see what they have to say about the whole thing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.