Compact sub using 2 hivi D8g's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Guys,

Just wondering what (compact) enclosure type would best suit these drivers. Is it even worth bothering using these drivers in a sub? I researched them a bit and have only found negative comments about their bad midrange quality in three way systems. Haven't found any information about people using them in subs.

The sub will be used with the bookshelf speakers I am currently building (2.1 pc set-up).

Thanks, Jeremy

Hi All,

FYI: Consistency Checked T/S here:

b:)

Attachments

• HiVi_D8G- 8inch-8ohm.JPG
    HiVi_D8G- 8inch-8ohm.JPG
    904.7 KB · Views: 103
I can get the drivers measured in Axent Audio's anechoic chamber but I just wanted some opinions on if its worth doing or not. The drivers look like they're built relatively well and will handle power but I don't want loud mud.

Consistency checked parameters just means that the manufacturers specs were cross-referenced with calculations from equations right? :p

I was also wondering what the most important driver specs are in terms of real world audio quality.

Jeremy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.