Combining different transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Will it work if I match winding phases?

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-03-05 145710.png
    Annotation 2020-03-05 145710.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 98
Will it work if I match winding phases?

You risk having cross-currents such that a slightly higher winding voltage from one transformer sends current into the winding of other transformer.
Take each transformer and use an ordinary rectifier bridge for each transformer. Then join the rectified voltages at the output of the two bridge rectifiers. Then, the risk of cross-currents is eliminated.

You risk having cross-currents such that a slightly higher winding voltage from one transformer sends current into the winding of other transformer.
Take each transformer and use an ordinary rectifier bridge for each transformer. Then join the rectified voltages at the output of the two bridge rectifiers. Then, the risk of cross-currents is eliminated.

Thanks for explaining the fact. Can you provide me any schematic about it?

To parallel connect transformer secondaries, you need identical transformers with the same part number and made in the same time period.

The particular danger here is that the winding counts or arrangements may differ between transformers. You can check this by measurements of secondary voltage difference however - combine that difference with the winding resistances to determine if the unwanted current is significant (50mA wouldn't matter here, 1A would).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.