Coax drivers for home audio?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cal - what's the price for these ?

Can't tell you, I got mine when they were clearing them from PE.

I presume you having them home , at least looking at that junk in back ..... :clown:

Ya, they are just scattered on the pile with the rest of that crap.

in any case - generally - it will be helpful to say for any of mentioned drivers how they compare to any known driver/speaker combo .....
Can't do that. I don't have any friends. At least none who will hang out long enough to do a side by side listening test with me.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Since no one answered this,

The Emerald uses the Eminence Beta 12 with a Selenium compression driver (sorry, didn't note down exactly which one).

The CS2.3 adds two 15" Betas to handle bass duty, whereas the 12" handles all the bass in the CS3.

I had a look at the EQ curves on a computer - it's pretty complex - apart from OB bass equalisation, there are a couple of squiggles in the lower midrange (I presume dipole peak correction), and the CS2.3 has an additional boost somewhere in the treble. There is some claim of the CS3 being cut off sharply at 32Hz to protect the driver from over-excursion. I don't remember seeing this on the EQ though, maybe it's in the crossover inside the speaker.

The Hivi Trinity6 had pretty bad measurements in the German magazine HobbyHifi. Can't remember exactly, but the frequency responses of the drivers don't overlap, thus you would have deep gaps in the overall FR.

Something like midrange works til 2k, but tweeters lowest usable frequency is 4k.

The Hivi Trinity6 had pretty bad measurements in the German magazine HobbyHifi. Can't remember exactly, but the frequency responses of the drivers don't overlap, thus you would have deep gaps in the overall FR.

Something like midrange works til 2k, but tweeters lowest usable frequency is 4k.

That's a shame :( Will have to wait for the Mk.2 improved version! ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.