clockfrequency Philips DVD 963SA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Jim,

I suggested the AD8620 in this application based on reading other people's experiences of using it and other opamps. Having not tried it for myself I'm not in a position to comment but why not give it a try against the AD8066 and compare the two. You may prefer the sound of the AD8620 also.

Jon

2 things

Wouldn't it be better to use a discrete analog output instead of using opamps or perhaps a resistor/transformer for I/V transformation ?

My brandnew 963 does only recognize SACD if I put first the mainswitch off.
Would updating the firmware be a solution ?

Jaap

firmware

Jaap, I also experience the occasional SACD recognition problem. Firmware update seemed to improve, but unit still does it. Which I think is due to internal heat build-up. Running the unit without the top cover cured the problem, but is not a viable fix. Adding some ventilation slots on the cover would probably help. No accounting for cosmetics after that though. Anyone know of a good way to do so?

Matt

Re: DVD 963 SA Tent's Upgrade

verneaugiacomo said:
Neither did mine, Jaap. I hoped someone of You had more informations than me about it (existence, expected time of availability, etc.)

Giacomo:bawling:

mea culpa !

This project has been delayed, in favour of some others.

However, it wil be continued on short notice.

TentLabs is growing fast so we all have to suffer a little from growing pains, can't help that .....

regards
-

Sorry, can't help but want to put in a few words here since I am also working on modding two 936s.

To redo 936's clocking structure is not easy. It is a tedious job just to by-pass all of those mux'es and probably the fix will not be any better. The PLL after the 27MHz is something untouchable. If you really want to do it right, you are talking about a major redesign work. Most multi-format players have the same problem. And the most important thing is, after all of these hard work, how much will you gain?

I really do not feel those MUXes are that bad. Those 74LVC chips are fast and clean enough. Just replace the clocks with low jitter ones, do a good noise isolation job, and watch out the power then the result will be very good already.

-finney

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.