Cleaning Records

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Over the xmas period I had some time to clean few records from my 'filthy' pile. The first, which I got off my parents was really dirty and had been in a smoking household. The first clean didn't get all the grot out so had a rummage in the cupboard and found the bottle of milton solution we used to use to sterilise the sprogs bottles. This is 1% solution vs 6% for Clorox, but figured nothing to lose as I have the music on CD. So a second wash was carried out with the bleach. The second wash did bring more dirt out and the inner tracks were quiet. However as is often the case it did reveal that the record was damaged where the dirt had been thickest.

But I will consider this in the future for cases where the first cycle doesn't get everything out. Still find fingerprints hardest to remove.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.