Clean 110V from 230V

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need some power supply expert advice - maybe it's a simple answer, I don't know?

I'm thinking of importing a Panasonic SA-XR57 digital amp/receiver from the US into Europe. This has a 7*100W output.

So, what is the best way to convert from US 120V/60Hz to Europe 230V/50Hz bearing in mind the output wattage of the digital amp!

Does the different frequency have any relevance, again because it's a digital amp working at about 384KHz, I think?

As the PS is the most critical part of this amp, I'm also looking to provide a cleaner 110V at the same time

I have a UPS which I posted about here http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116106
and also wondered if it could be possible to use this.

I'm not sure how that digital amplifier is like, but the digital amplifier I have has a voltage doubler on the primary side of the power supply. In that case, modding it for 240v operation would just be a matter of rewiring the doubler into a bridge and possibly replacing and adding some components. Some digital power supplies (with preregulators) can operate on 100-240v out of the box. Check the label.

But chances are very good that only minor changes (if any) are needed.

Thanks again Star,
I'm not sure if what you say applies to this digital amp - I have attached a schematic - would you be able to have a look, I would be most grateful.

Schematic is for the 230V version of the XR57 (this is the amp I am importing from the US) but I don't have a schematic for 110V.

I have to post this in two part PDF - it's too big & won't compress

Edit: One thing that might add to the complexity of all this is that the amp adjusts the PS voltage for volume control - they call PSVC Power supply volume control

Attachments

• xr57 schematic part1.pdf
    74.9 KB · Views: 81
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.