Classical music anyone?

Soundhappy: you are MY kind of classical music fan. Very wide ranging. You gave provided links to music that I've always wondered about but when I was young simply could not afford to buy - indeed even find in the records stores. Hurrah! I'm thinking, inn particular, the Ligeti piece for organ, and the Lou Harrison composition.

Reactions: 1 user
@ Waxx

I do take time to listen in the night your linked Pergolesi by Ensemble Floregium!
Thanks for sharing :)
In my :cd: collection Vivaldi " Stabat Mater " Concerto in g minor .
James Bowman, The Academy Of Ancient Music, Christopher Hogwood.
I like the Pergolesi version way more, especially in that recording. Pergolesi took a different, more sober approach with that old 13th century hymne, but the Vivaldi version is also one of the better ones (it's set on music by a lot of composers). it's closer to the gregorian original like sung in masses in Italian monasteries where it orginated (probally in the Dominican monastery in Bologna).

I listen a lot to classic, and this one of my absolute favorite pieces:
@ Waxx
After listening session in the silence of the night what I like is marvelous voices symbiotic harmony with musical instruments
and acoustic space, sound quality and balance is top notch as well.
I do look in records stores in my town if I can find this or similar ones made by Ensemble Florilegium.
Thanks again for excellent music link and please if possible share more of Your favorites :) Best regards

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
wel, i'm on my phone (not home) so no links, but most of the Collegium Vocale Gent directed by Philippe Herreweghe and Anima Eterna Brugge directed by Jos Van Immerseel are certainly worth checking. Both rather legendaric ensembles down here linked up for probally the best recording ever of the Carmina Burana from Carl Orff ever It was live recorded in februari 2014 the 'concertgebouw Brugge", one of the best sounding concert halls in the wide region and i was honored to be there... The concert was released on cd that same year.

Does Diyers favorite is Gluck or Monteverdi version or both are great ?

For me classic music is an universe, culture roots sources, book of European peoples history , antique myths ,
ancient kingdoms legends and contemporary time of experiments and research in new musical forms of expression :hphones: