Class D guitar amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Every time you double the speaker area you get a 3 dB increase in output, so a 4x12 would have a 6 dB advantage over a single 12" (using the same speaker).

I remember my first disco speaker I made.
It had 4 Fane 12-50 WRMS drivers in it.
Got to the car with it and it wouldn't go in !
So cut it down the middle and made 2 speakers.
Worked much better.

I had a couple of 12" bass instrument speakers, can't remember what they were, that I put in a baffle I built behind the back seat of a 80's Oldsmobile. Free air to the trunk, 80 real watts per channel. Had to modify the dash a little to have the mid and tweeters look stock in it.

I was pretty good keeping it down in residential neighbourhoods but I do remember an odd look I got on a main drag once. I realized afterwards that if the preceding song was on the volume might not have seemed out of place. But I used to make CD's with songs arranged by letter and I just dumped a bunch of them on at a time. The preceding song was a rocking number, nothing unusual but the one playing when the peron rolled up was a gospel number. Rocking in its own right. I never thought to turn it down.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.