Clarion CX501

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I'm hoping there is someone here that has experienced the issue that I'm having or that would have some insight to correct it. I have a Clarion CX 501 head unit that has the 728 (I believe that's the correct number) color display which in short, allows you many different color options for the screen display. I've had this unit for about 3 months now. When I first installed it everything appeared to be in good working order. I'm now having an issue with the color display on the screen. Please note that in short, the issue that I'm having has nothing to do with being able to see the display itself as I know I've seen others with that complaint before. When I go into the display menu to change the colors I have approximately 12 different color options. Color options 3-12 all still appear to be working correctly, I scroll through the different colors and for example if I pick number 8 my volume knob and display would be red, and so forth for each of the different color options. My problem is that if I select option number 1 I'm unable to see anything on the display. If I pick option two the radio's display (number buttons and volume control knob) would for example, be blue, but the letters on the LCD screen itself are actually a different color where in my case that different color is a shade of green. (no where close to the color blue). I don't have this issue with any of the other color options. From time to time (once in a blue moon) the LCD background color will change from green to blue (as it always should be on that setting) but that only lasts for a short period of time before it changes back to green. Like I said before, I don't have this problem with the other color options. When I use a different color option everything on the radio, volume control knob, buttons, LCD screen, etc. all light up the same color. Has anyone experienced this issue and or have any insight on correcting this problem?

Thanks,
Phil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.