• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

CL 140...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've already put a CL80 in series with line V. It dropped the the VDC at R30from 340 to 320. This is with a 47uf cap. The CL140 adds little or no drop in VDC at the B+ center tap, though. I'm pretty good with the 320 V, but if I want to drop more,I'll lower the value of C4. I've noticed a popping out of the left speaker, more like a pop-pop after a couple of hours of running. Just one pop-pop and then it's gone for a while but will come back. I've isolated to the one left channel by switching speaker wires. Maybe a coupling cap?

Is there anything provided by Elfa Distralec that can be used as an equivalent for CL-90 and CL-140? They do not seem to have anything in their range of thermistors, and was wondering if I was looking for the wrong thing. It feels like it is too important a component to not have as part of their stock.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.