Choosing 200W class-D type

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi.

Please forgive me if this is answered elsewhere, but things move so fast in this field.

I'm considering making a classD amp for a active speaker and the requirements will be something like this:
  • 100Wrms, 200Wpeak @8Ohm, 200Wrms, 300Wpeak @4Ohm
  • Double-sided homemade PCB
  • Stable: as in not blowing up and killing speakers
  • mid-fi performance: no need for HighEnd, as we are talking semi-PA.
  • Low EMI: it will placed right next to the PSU, filters and amp for an sensitive treble-horn.
  • Overcurrent-protection is probably not needed, but would be a nice feature.
  • DC-protection would be big plus
  • What other protection do we need for a basic classD?
  • Thermal protection, limiter and distortion-indicator will be added.
  • runs on unregulated or regulated LLC-smps

Ideas for implementation:
  • Most likely discrete TO220 mosfets (more options than the integrated packages)
  • Torroid output-inductor (because I have them)
  • Maybe a seperate driver-board for the IRSXXXX ( if it would make the PCB-design better
  • Ground/Vss-planes
  • SMD-resistors and capacitors (1206-0805)
  • Some sort of LC-filter on all connections
  • A few 330uf/100V caps on board
I have a solid background in EE, basic switching knowledge and access to scopes, but lack actual up-to-date experience on classD.

Will the IRS2092 IRAUDAMP7S be the best starting point:
https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/iraudamp7s.pdf?fileId=5546d462533600a40153569addc92bfb

Any inputs are welcome.

Kind regards TroelsM

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
... then SystemD lite amp meets exactly your needs:).
Chocoholic has given many tips and hints for pcb design too.

My 4 channel bridged "SystemD lite" based amplifier makes really fun not only at high power levels - even at 1W power level it is really a performer!.

Have fun,

Toni

Joined 2003
Paid Member
ASTX: I would like to avoid bridge-mode to keep parts-count down. I know that there are some benefits from the bridging, but 250W/4Ohm should be doable without bridge. - especially if I can sacrifice some hifi-performance for durability.

I don´t see any ferrite-beads/LCL on the connections to LiteAmpm - but maybe the noise is kept all internal to the PCB?

Kind regards TroelsM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.