Choke Orientation

I am working on the orientation of the Power Transformer, Output Transformer and especially now the two chokes. I have determined the quietest relative positions of the PT to the OT but how do the chokes play into this? Should I energize the PT and position the chokes where they are the quietist of energize the chokes and listen at the OT? I also have a stand alone filament transformer I have to deal with, so many different pieces to fit together.
Thanks

I vaguely recall reading the EM radiated by power-chokes is the Worst & the recommendation was to locate them to the farthest possible locations within the chassis. A further recommendation was the "make your chassis much bigger than you had in mind". This has advantages that will make themselves known as you progress in the build, what seemed at the outset gave you plenty of room is now obscenely crowded...& let's not think of what will happen when you find it necessary that you open it back up to repair or modify...things now very cramped.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rick...

Reactions: 1 users