Chip Amp For computer speakers

You Germans have it easy :D

I worried about the situation at none less than powerful Mouser; guess everybody is shipping from current stock.
When that dries out, restocking times apply.

I was burnt with TDA2050 a couple years ago.

Mouser showed 1000 in stock, designed a PCB for them,for small Guitar amps.

When I tried to order: stock 0 , never again to reappear.

I bought elsewhere: FAKE

They DO work, sort of, but overheat and boil no signal no load with +/-22V , a recommended value, had to use them with +/-14V , TDA2030 specs.

Oh well.

I guess it would be advisable to buy all LM4766 needed (plus a couple spares) before committing to a new project.

Thanks again :)

JMF:
Any luck with CRC chips?
Here the consignments have been 200k quantity in 2016 for 2050, maybe they think your volume is small value.
Did you check locally or Brazilian suppliers?
Here the postage is too much, about $15 to send $2 worth of samples to Argentina, parcel or documents, it is about the same for both.

(Actually, this is part of another thread about LM3886 availability, and this company makes a lot of lower end parts and stuff that is out of production at the original plants)

But they make a lot of 12V chips, maybe they can be used, even tapping the computer 12V rail, keep the amp inside the desktop case, there is enough room there...so direct out to speakers.

Last edited:
You can always purchase directly from TI.

Patrick
IF powerful Mouser :cool: must wait half or over ONE YEAR for stock replacement, then TI is NOT manufacturing them nor will before those dates.

You may get lucky and buy some from current stock but when they are gone, they are gone.
I am talking straight buys from TI

So "always" is, at least, optimistic. :)

Any luck with CRC chips?
Here the consignments have been 200k quantity in 2016 for 2050, maybe they think your volume is small value.
Most probably, they didn´t even ANSWER, not even with a negative, to my request for quotation in 1000 unit multiples.
If they can´t bother, they might at least have suggested a Distributor who handles meager thousand unit orders :rolleyes:
Oh well. :(

If you decide that it is impossible for you to get any, then so be it.
For anyone else, plenty of them around for DIYers, from RS, TI, ......

Cheers,
Patrick

Attachments

• TI LM4766 Direct.png
    TI LM4766 Direct.png
    27 KB · Views: 107