Chip amp for 58vdc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
in the philippines power amp kit. is very expensive..,i research stk4050 and i build mono amp 9amps Transfor. 100K mF power supply @ 20A brige Rectifier..,it its have a strong power output to my 15" . but i dont think if can drive 18" sub my biggest speaker is 15" .....,,, i want to try the stk4050 in 18" sub. if anyone have idea that stk4050 @ 200watts RMS @ 8R can drive 18" sub....?????????

A sub should atlest be powered by 300Watts or more for that real thump. More the power the better.

There is no difference in a 15 inch sub or a 18 inch sub as far as the power requirement is concerned. It depends on the efficiency of the driver. The bigger driver will be able to drive lower frequencies.

Gajanan Phadte

OK I have the L20 kit sitting in my house - bought it last year and forgot in my pile of junk.
It can run 58v no worries, so I'll start looking into what it is looking like and how to do it.

I want to put it in a BA6000 fisher chassis that has dead stk0100ii chip. I'd like to leave much of its functions and switches and meters intact. That is cap coupled ... lets see what I have to do.

Cool.
Srinath.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.