Chinese crossover: Ningke filters???

I have just received a 4in 8out Chinese speaker manager with FIR and IIR filters.
Available IIR filters are Butterworth, Bessel and "NINGKE" all with slopes from 6 to 48 db.
Now, since there is no trace of such "Ningke" filter anywhere, not even over the internet, I assume it must be a bad translation or typo, despite I must admit the manual being in good English instead of the usual Chinglish.
Anyway I'm left wondering what the h... is this "Ningke" filter ??

Of all filter types I know, "Ningke" sounds vaguely similar to "Linkwitz", however I wonder if anybody has any idea what it really is.
Apparently all Chinese crossovers mention this "Ningke" filter in the specs, so I'm not supposed to be the only one with this problem.
I thought this was a typo in the item description but it's the same also in the manual.

Interesting confirmation to my suspicions...
Now, since I am at it, and after a couple weeks of testing this "Paulkitson DA48" speaker manager I purchased on AliExpress, I must say the device seems to do its job quite well.
I am using it as a crossover to manage delays on a 3way horn loudspeaker system which requires a 1ms delay on the woofer and 1.5ms.delay on the tweeter. In the next weeks/months the system will be fitted with an additional midbass horn 150cm long with a group delay of 4.5 ms which definitely needs addressing.
Anyway, in the current 3ways configuration, i replaced the analog active crossover with this unit and with same type of filters and slope, this resulted in more focused and stable soundstaging (this was somehow expected although current delays are rather limited) but for some reason also in sensibly firmer "faster" bass, which I find difficult to explain.
However, the soundstage has "shrinked" a little.

The problem with this device is the computer software it comes with, which refuses to run on my audio dedicated Mini PC, a Lenovo Thinkpad I3 with 6 gigs of RAM, SSD drive and windows 10. The software just won't start on this machine, while it starts but drops the wireless connection to the device after a few seconds on an old win 7 laptop.
The device can still be programmed on the embedded 2" display but not as easily and without the graphical representation of the settings, which subtracts to the value of the item.
In case anybody has run into the same issues with this or similar device please let me know how the problem was solved.
The control software is named "Audiosystem" and the version is 1.5
What a shame such device being crippled by a buggy control software.

Not sure what you mean by "latest version" and how to even check what version I have.
There is another version which is apparently the same but with some LEDs on the front, called DAP48. I don't know if this is older or newer than the one I own (DA48), and there's some video from a russian guy about issues he had with DAP48, probably after updating the firmware, not sure because I do not speak Russian and I can't read Cyrillic. Just do a YouTube search Paulkitson DAP48.
Anyways, as far as my unit, DA48, I have had two minor issues:
  • the software refuses to run on my dedicated lenovo Thinkpad minipc. It works fine on any other PC, including another Lenovo thinkpad identical to mine, so I came to the conclusion that the issue must be related to some setting on my miniPC.
  • on a Win7 laptop the wireless Lan connection is not working. The unit must be connected to the PC with the provided USB cable. This is the only PC where this problem happens, tried with another Win10 desktop PC and it works fine.
Overall I would say that the software which comes with the unit, and which also manages the Lan connection is a little picky about the PC it is installed upon.
Probably a fresh Windows install would address all issues, which I have not tried, as connecting the unit with the USB cable to the laptop is much less hassle than wiping the miniPC to a fresh Win install. And also because the functions (almost all functions) are available also locally and don't require any software or connection.
Important: on the DA48, the USB Wireless stick, is not a generic USB wireless that you can replace with any 5$ unit. It is specific to the unit as it creates its own Network to which you will connect the computer.
The Lan it creates is password protected so you should ask the seller the password (which on my unit is 12345678).
Overall I am very happy about the quality of the unit, it does what it is supposed to do and does it well. The AD/DA section is extremely trasparent even at 96khz.
512 taps on the FIR filters is not much but still enough to obtain almost perfect brickwall, linear phase filters.
Very good price quality ratio, and overall much better than the MiniDSP in my opinion for half the price. The processor of this unit is also better than the MiniDSP.
I'm planning buying another one and I think I'll buy another DA48 even if the DAP48 is more recent model.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I spoke with Paulkitson company regarding the LAN cable connection and they confirmed only USB and wifi is available in their 2 models DA48 and DP48x. Even when there is LAN cable port is not working. Only differences in the 2 models is the Leds front panel and Aes digital input. I guess thats why the price is good. Im glad the rest of functions are working as expected.

@Dyan are you sure DP48x has a digital input ? I watched the pictures carefully but I can only see the 4 analog in and 4 analog out...No additional ports compared to DA48.
I understand you have software Audiosystem 1.8. I have 1.5
Willing to share ? Hopefully new version works on my miniPC.

Sure i can share the latest 1.8 software version. I did read in Alibaba that AES digital is available in DP48x but not for DA48. DP48x is few dollars more expensive so makes sense for the aditional input. By the way AES in is 2 of the 4 xlr inputs. Some processors only requires routing switches phisically in the back of units like XTA DP448 others by only routing in software or unit and others have a 5th separate XLR input for AES like LAX DS408. So its very possible DP48x really has it on 2 of their 4 inputs with some routing instruction ;) Look for me on facebook "Dyan Katz".