Chilli or the G Chang?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to build one too! This is sooooo.... confusing. I've narrowed it down to G and Chili too. But I could be wrong. So please I need guidance.

Anyway, my room is audio only. Its 13x19x8, concrete floor and carpet. Walls are double wall gypsum board with cinderblock behind it on 3 walls. Some acoustic treatments and will treat to tame resonances. Ceiling is double wall too and has a protrusion down the center running crosswise to cover the girder/beam and ductwork. I put my speakers on the short wall, usually 1/5th rule in effect.

Sorry, but here goes... I listen to everything and music is the most important. The conveyance of emotion as well as thought. The visceral sensation of an instrument portrayed in all their splendor (acoustic being harder to replicate, voice is an instrument too). I do have preference for chamber, jazz trio or quartet, vocals, blues, folk I better stop cause I'll keep on going. Then again, I think only because this type of music lends itself to hifi. Choirs, Pipe organ, Orchestral music is wonderful live but what isn't. I listen to rock too, but I don't need hifi.

I'll be driving these with a 15W 6C33C-B SE monoblocks or a modded 150A Belles. 90 percent vinyl. Tube preamp as well.

Secips said:
I want to build one too! This is sooooo.... confusing. I've narrowed it down to G and Chili too. But I could be wrong. So please I need guidance.

Anyway, my room is audio only. Its 13x19x8, concrete floor and carpet. Walls are double wall gypsum board with cinderblock behind it on 3 walls. Some acoustic treatments and will treat to tame resonances. Ceiling is double wall too and has a protrusion down the center running crosswise to cover the girder/beam and ductwork. I put my speakers on the short wall, usually 1/5th rule in effect.

Sorry, but here goes... I listen to everything and music is the most important. The conveyance of emotion as well as thought. The visceral sensation of an instrument portrayed in all their splendor (acoustic being harder to replicate, voice is an instrument too). I do have preference for chamber, jazz trio or quartet, vocals, blues, folk I better stop cause I'll keep on going. Then again, I think only because this type of music lends itself to hifi. Choirs, Pipe organ, Orchestral music is wonderful live but what isn't. I listen to rock too, but I don't need hifi.

I'll be driving these with a 15W 6C33C-B SE monoblocks or a modded 150A Belles. 90 percent vinyl. Tube preamp as well.

Probably the smaller box for you given your main preferences. You'll like the subtlety of the 6 1/2in unit over the 8in; the sacrifice being it won't go as loud or handle rock & large scale pieces as well. You could always add a pair of subs at a later date if necessary which would solve that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.