CheffDeGaar UGS preamp vs other or Borbely

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
opinion about best DAC/chip to get balanced DAC

PCM1704K, Burbely 437ish for I/V, EUVL buffers (or something tubish as in Ayon CD5/Skylla)
Then go really wild with a low noise shunt regulator for each individual stage (eg Burby's All-FETter again) in a separate powersupply case, with either dual bobby transformers or R-cores.

(choice of digit filter is all up to you)

k2013/j313 can also take 100ms pulses up to 2A, but I tend to play it safe - 8W constant Pd is the half of SOA limit at 60 degrees C. That's what I consider good in terms of long-term reliability. Maybe you can go a bit further - at 0.6A you'll have the advantage of zero tempco but I would stop there. Call me a wuss... :D

Last edited:
why do people persist to ask for definitive answers to such highly subjective questions? I would have thought it was pretty obvious why people here dont wish to give specific advice on matters of their own personal taste. I guess you figured this out now though and have just done earlier what was inevitable anyway. so think of it as saving time and money. building all and choose is really the only way you can know for yourself and npt be left wondering with that niggling feeling that you could have done better if you just......

but it will still happen....at some point it will happen again

at least you dove in the deep end, you are in good company here

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.