• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Check out my new Phono stage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is my newly built phono stage. It is my first tube project, and my first "from scratch" (including enclosure) project. It is complete except for one 12at7 tube thats on its way. I would like to thank everyone who has put up with my "noob" questions. If I never found this site, I might not have even attempted this project. I'm looking forward to playing some BOSTON!

Attachments

• cam_dataphoto130.jpg
    cam_dataphoto130.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 499
jn2630 said:
The schematic can be found at this site: http://www.dogstar.dantimax.dk/tubestuf/sapindex.htm

As for ventelation holes, most of the back panel was left uncovered so it has plenty of ventelation.

Are you going to improve it?

It seems that 2K load by a feedback loop shunts out output with 27K plate load reducing a FB gain on highs dramatically so weight of high order harmonics is increased. Also, I would shunt noisy neon bulbs by a capacitor.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.