Cheap TDA7293 board, any experience?

The original TDA7293 is sold for $10 from mainstream vendors. 2 years ago when I looked last, they had ST logo unable to distinguish a copy from original but defective. Nowadays I see without logo with Hugh quantity availed for $1 to be sure they aren't defective original ones.
I ordered 2 pairs from 2 vendors to see what they worth but I will receive them in 1½ months.
These boards sold for $3, certainly are functioning but with what quality?
On youtube, I find several audio tests but they are with simple music mostly Indian as this compared to probably copy LM3886.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240120_112350_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240120_112350_Chrome.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20240120_112043_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240120_112043_Chrome.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 58
I recall back in the 90s when I was an engineer in UK, I couldn't get TDA7294 at a sensible price in 1k volume from any UK distributor. We ended up buying from a Taiwanese distributor at around $2 a pop. The discrepancy between Eastern and Western prices is very significant, quite aside from the issue of fakes.

Reactions: 1 user
Very true, but first you have to make sure that the source is good. I and most of us(it ssems) dont recognise Alixpress or such vendors as a reliable source, its more like a gamble. I remember i got lm3886 from a local retailer at less than $3 USD each(10 piece lot), original of course because i experienced the beast.

There are some honest vendors on Ali that they give you the choice of high cost original and cheap copy which may give the option to return it if the original in not received.

This chip is over 20 years old technology and the patents in public domain. I am expecting as the Chinese TDA2050-LM1875 new design superior to the original that this chip has also got enhanced.

Very true, but first you have to make sure that the source is good. I and most of us(it ssems) dont recognise Alixpress or such vendors as a reliable source, its more like a gamble. I remember i got lm3886 from a local retailer at less than $3 USD each(10 piece lot), original of course because i experienced the beast.
I would also like to get a few in india... Where is it available?