Cerwin Vega 153 EB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have two of these cast aluminum basket 15 inch woofers and can find absolutely NO information on these anywhere.Even Cerwin Vega was coy about releasing the details and actually just directed me to a speaker that used the drivers for "hints" on the specs. :rolleyes:

I would like to get these into a box of some kind,either true subs or maybe just some bass bins fore outside use but without anything to go on I am stuck.

anyone have a clue on these drivers ? Too nice to have just sit unused.

Rick

no it is a one piece casting with eight struts.The cone is a paper composition with a red accordian surround and the dust cover has the cerwin vega "speaker" logo.

Cerwin Vega is very tight lipped about their raw drivers and even when I emailed them with my information request and included the actual serial numbers of the drivers the response was that they did not give out that information and i was directed to a three way ported design that used the woofer.

Even here I can not get much actual useable content.No way this driver is used in a single box.that would not be very cost effective yet no other designs using this driver were mentioned.

By "fancy etching" what exactly do you mean ?

Rick

thanks man.

30 hz is totally adequate for my subwoofer needs.the room most likely could not handle lower.

Thinking a dual 15 ported cab should get 'er done.Will of course double check the measurements but thought to go the shortcut route considerring most drivers have full specs posted somewhere.I guess the CV drivers are "wing it" though seems bad company policy to be so tight lipped.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.