CDM 2/29 Problem – HELP!

Then you know what happened. :dead: Maybe the lasercurrent has been too high for a while. I believe it is the 1k pot with hexagonal innershape to set lasercurrent. If you have touched that pot and lasercurrent is not right, put it in middle and then power cdp up, after that immediate set lasercurrent.

When i get another CDM1 to 4 machine, i allways check laser current from SM. My CD304mk2 was set to high!

If you have luck you can find a cheap flea-market player with the same CDM, and exchange it. Al lot of Philipses, Magnavox, Grundig, Erres, Marantz and another make uses the cdm-2

Is there life after death ;-)

Bassivus said:
I don't see the red light.:bawling:
Not even with the lights in room off

I have tried to repeat the test(looking sideways for red laser light) with the same type of player but working... And I don't see nothing, but this player IS WORKING! I have really tried looking from different angles but I just don't see no light.
I've been busy doing other stuff so I left my player laying around... This gives me a hope that maybe the laser isn't dead after all.

according page 6-1 of CDM-2 service manual (also for CDM-4) there are a lot of different associated servo boards which can be recognized by the 4-digit number on the attached sticker mostly glued on the surface of TDA5708.

The service manual version under
https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/philips/cdm-2.shtml
also to find under
https://elektrotanya.com/philips_cdm-2_cd-mechanism_sm.pdf/download.html
includes the following PCB versions:
1) static version of CDM-2, 5725 and 5768
2) dynamic version of CDM2, 5826 and 5827

But there are many other PCB-Versions like 5886, 5888, 6127 and 6105 are examples.
Because the version 5886 is in use on Philips CD660 and CD670 and the CD660 service manual refers to the extra manual for the CDM-2 I guess, there is at least one upgrade to the CDM-2 service manual.
Who can upload this (for me most important is the version "6105") ?

Thank you very much.