CD80 service manual?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well I have one machine which works perfectly, the muting relays function as they should, turn the player on, couple of seconds later and they click.

On the other machine the relays click as soon as you turn the machine on, you get pops on the output and then when you turn it off, you again get pops and half a second later the relays cut in. It almost seems to be working in the opposite way to how it should be.

Tomg said:
Well I have one machine which works perfectly, the muting relays function as they should, turn the player on, couple of seconds later and they click.

On the other machine the relays click as soon as you turn the machine on, you get pops on the output and then when you turn it off, you again get pops and half a second later the relays cut in. It almost seems to be working in the opposite way to how it should be.

DC on the output perhaps ? Duff IC, leaky cap? Check the usual suspects.

It uses a servo, and not coupling caps.

Servo: LM308......#s 6390, 6391..........goes to buffer/LPF '5532............# 6393. (One buffer does both channels.)

Connects to I/V stage '5534...........#s 6384, 6385. Pin 2 on both.

Pin 6 of output '5534......... #s 6386, 6387.......should be 0 V DC.

Hope that helps some
Jocko

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.