CD player programing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can someone suggest a cd player which can be programed to provide a special function? I am making a cd with tunes copied from an endless tape recording. These tunes will be grouped into tracks each containing two tunes. There will be a total of 8 to 10 tracks. On demand from a clock contact closure a single track will play and then playback will stop until the next clock signal will start the player and then it will shut down until the next play demand occurs. This can be done with an old Phillips CD player by just programming a single track play which plays on the next demand and then waits. Now here is the problem. I want the next occurrence to index forward one track to the next track.

If this can't be done in a reasonably simple way, I can edit the track number to the next one on a weekly schedule. I know it will be necessary to modify the player to accept the demand signal, and am hoping to just parallel the contacts in the player's key pad. Automatic forward indexing is what I really want to achieve. Playback must stop at the end of track played.

In case you haven't guessed by now, this player will be ringing a church carillon at the appropriate time. Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
BillG

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.