car sub for home

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, I have bought TS-W306DVC (Pioneer) and will connect that with a Y cable from my receiver to the kenwood amp and feed the L/R channels to the dual voice coil. Hopefully this will work 'cause this type of connection is not listed in the spec sheet. It is supposed to be connected in parallel or series which would make the woofer either 8 or 2 ohms.
But as I am going to connect it directly through L/R channels It will work as 4 ohms woofer which I hope will not affect the speaker in a harmful way. What do you all think?:rolleyes:
and there is nothing about stuffing the whole box with any damping material other then some damping on the inside wall. So I'm following the instruction sheet that came with the speaker.
Any thoughts, Anybody? Pls let me know:)

It is more often done that way, connecting stereo on one dual voice coil. I think it will work fine, but don't know what would happen with much reverse phased signal...(though most musical signal doesn't contain reverse phased L/R signal because that would not produce much sound...)

You can experiment with more or less stuffing, it is only commonly advised not to put stuffing on the baffle side...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.